Are you an experienced Software Architect with a passion for designing cutting-edge software solutions? Are you ready to make significant impact on the global Ship Design industry? Look no further! We are delighted to announce an incredible opportunity to join NAPA, a leading software company, as our Software Architect.
With over 400 esteemed companies currently relying on NAPA’s innovative 3D modelling and design functionalities, and an astonishing 95% of new-build maritime vessels being constructed by clients using our technology, we are proud to be at the forefront of revolutionizing the industry. As our Software Architect, you will play a vital role in shaping the future of ship design!
The role and your team
As a Software Architect at NAPA Design Solutions, you will play a key role in leading the design of our software renewal in close collaboration with development teams and product management.
NAPA's system is an extensive package of software. We are first looking to renew our database functionality to improve our customer experience in collaboration and multisite work and respond to our customers' continuously rising security requirements.
The Software Architect role is a new role for us, and the position offers the possibility to influence our software architectural processes and help to bring them to the next level! The role is full-time and permanent. You can work flexibly in our office in Ruoholahti, Helsinki (Finland), in hybrid mode or remotely, with the possibility of meeting at the office when necessary.
Main responsibilities in this role:
- Coordinate and lead the design and development of our software renewal, ensuring alignment with business goals and stakeholder requirements.
- Develop and maintain a software architecture roadmap that outlines the overall vision and direction for the software system renewal.
- Collaborate with development teams and stakeholders to understand requirements and ensure the software system is designed and developed to meet these requirements.
- Hands-on software development
- Provide technical guidance and mentorship to development teams, ensuring that best practices are followed and the code base is maintainable, scalable, and secure.
- Identify and mitigate technical risks and provide recommendations for improving the software system's performance, reliability, and usability.
These skills and knowledge make you succeed in this role:
- Extensive experience in software development, with experience in a software architecture role
- Strong technical skills in programming languages, software development methodologies, software design patterns, and software architecture frameworks
- Knowledge of both native and managed programming languages such as C++, Fortran or C#
- Ability to work with a large multi-language code base and to do hands-on development
- Experience in requirement management and modeling languages such as UML or equivalent
- Understanding of software industry licenses, standards, and legal aspects
- Strong leadership and communication skills, with the ability to guide and mentor team members
- Analytical and problem-solving skills, with the ability to identify and mitigate technical risks
- Ability to align software development efforts with business goals.
- Excellent written and spoken English skills
If you are a passionate and experienced software architect with a strong track record of leading software system renewal, we encourage you to apply for this exciting opportunity to join our team at NAPA Design Solutions.
NAPA as an employer
We are proud to play our part in creating a sustainable world, and a career at NAPA means working with a purpose. We focus on building the best possible products for our customers, with whom we have close and long-lasting relationships. We protect the environment and human life at sea by powering safer and greener vessels with our technology.
NAPA way of working
We are a self-managed organization. Everyone is here to help and guide each other, but you’re your own boss. The core of our self-management philosophy is trust. We trust our employees to make the right decisions and take care of their personal growth. We provide several opportunities for that, and everyone can manage their own working time. You can work at the office, from home or even while abroad.
Enjoy working together
...is one of our core values. Learning from and respecting each other provides a healthy and pleasant working environment. We, as NAPArians, share our knowledge and help each other when needed. NAPA has offices and customers around the world, and you will be able to meet people from many different cultures. We are a diverse family with a shared goal.
Read more about our values and culture: https://www.napa.fi/careers/
Ready to get on board and join the NAPA crew?
We kindly ask You to send your application and CV as soon as possible.
For more information about the position, please contact Lauri Glad by e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
In its over 30 years of operation, NAPA has become a global leader in developing and scaling software, services, and data analysis for a safer, smarter, and more sustainable maritime industry. Headquartered in Finland, NAPA employs 200 people in the fields of naval architecture, shipping and information technology, operating globally in eleven countries in Europe, Asia and the Americas.
NAPA software is used by shipyards, ship owners, designers, classification societies, research institutes, authorities and consultancies around the world. To date, NAPA has 420 user organizations for its design solutions, nearly 3,000 installations onboard vessels and a growing number of subscribers for its cloud-based fleet services.
- Software development
- Software Developer
- NAPA Finland
- Remote status
- Hybrid Remote
- Employment type
- Job ID
- Application deadline
Read more about NAPA: https://www.napa.fi/
Loading application form
Already working at NAPA?
Let’s recruit together and find your next colleague.